Thursday, February 27, 2014

The saddest poem is about a man who has lost the woman he loves. He has to say goodbye tonight and this is why he can “ write the saddest poem of all tonight.” He loves her a lot but he has to let her go. An example of simile in this poem is “and this poem falls to the soul as dew to grass.” This line also shows and example of imagery. There was also personification when the poet says, “the night wind whirls to the sky and sings.” The author repeats the line “I can write the saddest poem of all tonight.” The stanzas are very small the longest stanza is only two lines long. The poem shifts three times. He starts off talking about how he misses her, then it says what he is going to do without her and lastly it says that she changed he just has to move on. The tone of the poem was very sad, but I really loved this poem. That says a lot because I don’t read poems at all. I think the sadness of the poem makes it the most beautiful, and the fact that he loved her enough to write a poem about his love for her  and how much he’s going to miss her. Also I like how he says “I can write the saddest poem of all tonight” because it’s like he couldn’t write this poem before she left him and now he’s broken without her. The man hears someone singing “in the distance” and repeats in the distance. This reinforces the fact that he feels alone. Now that she’s gone.  Nobody is singing to him, and this leads him to say “my soul is not satisfied.” My favorite part is when he says, “I no longer love her, true, but perhaps I love her.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment